Hi Friends! I’m still here. Sorry it’s been forever since I’ve been in touch and shared a new recipe with all of you. Motherhood + work + life has been keeping me busy! Rest assured I’ve still been cooking healing and delicious food, but I haven’t often had the time to take pretty photos in good lighting in order to share them with you. Sigh. First world problems.
So here’s a compromise, decent photos taken with my iphone of an excellent recipe that is definitely worth sharing. It’s a good practice in letting go of perfection, and in eating as much summertime grilled corn as possible.
Grilled corn is one of my favorite treats this time of year (here’s one of my other go-to recipes!). It’s one of those things that you can really only have in peak summer when you have so much extra local produce that you are able to grill corn for leftovers. I love fresh corn hot off the grill, but also really enjoy using the leftovers in a variety of dishes. This one keeps things simple, but add a nice boost of protein from the black beans and a kick of spice from the jalapenos.
- 2 - 3 cups grilled corn, removed from the cob
- 1 can or box of black beans, drained
- 1 tsp olive oil or ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- opttional - sliced scallions or grated cheese on top
- Saute chopped onion and garlic with spices and olive oil or ghee until onions are cooked through.
- Add grilled corn and black beans and cook until fully heated.
- Mix in diced jajapenos and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with sliced scallions and/or grated cheese if desired.
One of the things I like most about this dish is it’s versatility. We enjoyed this hot out of the pan one night, mixed into a green salad the next day, and rolled up in a corn tortilla with melted cheese later in the week. It’s a great way to add protein, flavor, and color to nearly any dish. Plus my daughter loves it! Hope you do too.